Sunday, January 20, 2013

Brainwashed




I've been studying very hard the aspects of herbology with a friend and the subject of how I came to this alternative health path came up.
I thought back to when I believed health involved doctors and medicines, tests and worry about weight and the continuous fear of cancer and diabetes always in the back of my mind. This treadmill of feeling that I had no choice; that I had no say in what to do about it was very depressing. I considered as most do, the eventual betrayal of my body was just a matter of time.


Yet I always thought that there must be a better way; a simpler way to health and with it the happiness; peace of mind. So when my health was worse; my mental state was down; I decided that I needed to heed the ideas being shown to me from an alternative health source. This led me to my new career as an herbalist and a sense of confidence that I’m finally making a difference in the lives of my family and others.
I can’t say that it’s been a cake walk. I was more than a little surprised that although most people didn't agree with me (some finding me humorous at the least; dangerous at the most) their attitude was a bit disheartening. I guess I didn't realize the extent of people’s belief system would be so entrenched in the ideas that they held dearly as to be threatened by mine.


You see I've always been the “why” kind of person; you know the kid that always asks that question? That was me. I didn't necessarily disagree with someone all the time but I did want to know the path to that conclusion. I just thought everyone was like me with this idea of always questioning why. I could not have been more wrong.
I've been criticized several times in the last days; by people I thought to be my friends; my neighbors….I realized that when people feel threatened by what they seem think is an attack on  the status quo; will do anything to hold onto what they feel is safe. They may even strike out.


I have tried to always analyze people’s behavior to read them for my own protection and understanding. But this just baffled me. I mean didn't these people that I talked to want to heal? Don’t people want to understand how the earth holds secrets with help in every direction? Apparently not from where I sit.
So that led me to try to figure out the human condition; the thought processes by which we reach the conclusions of our life. I realize that although I’m a pretty analytical kind of person; not all are. Most would rather have an “expert” in a field tell them what’s safe; what’s important and what’s good for them. I am not in that category at all.


Now you will say that maybe I’m just trading my belief in one to a belief in another area; allowing another set of “experts” to show me the path to health rather than a physician. No that’s not the case. When I took the Masters course I studied everything. I took notes and then compared them to experience with using the supplements and ideas given to me. I studied my family while they took supplements and read tons of bits of information pro and against this line of thinking. Remember, I’m the “why” kind of person and don’t just follow willy nilly into a spot because someone says to.


All studies that I did, I took with a grain of salt; and although I trust my teacher very much have to find the answer for myself. It’s just my nature to do so. Again and again I found this information to be correct, every time! That was amazing to me. I couldn't believe that the previous path by which I’d been led to health was going in such a wrong direction as to make me sicker.  Furthermore, I realized that the people in charge of this locomotive of health weren't caring about the damage they had done and would do to me and countless others but just mowed us all over in their effort to get richer.


After years of soul searching I've come to the conclusion that we are basically just children at heart. We want to believe; we want to feel safe; we want to have a “mommy and daddy” take care of us. It’s a big scary world out there and the idea that a fatherly type doctor or a government agency can make it all better is pretty powerful stuff. I should know as I did it most of my life.
I also realized this week that we are easily swayed by important figures in our society. I don’t know why that took so long to sink in; after all aren't most of us glued to the TV set this week for Super Bowl? Aren't we cheering for our “heroes” on the field? Or maybe we’re watching the presidential inauguration today with misty eyes; convinced a president is the answer to all our ills in society.


This was brought home to me today when I watched a story on TV about a boy who lives by a Nazi concentration camp. He befriends a boy in the camp that’s Jewish. When he asked his parents about the “boy in the pajamas” he’s told that they aren't really people. How does a nation; in fact how do several nations of people come to the conclusion that a race of people are sub-human? How do intelligent, loving, caring parents, teachers and heads of state believe such a horrendous thing?
I won’t go into the long version that smarter people than me have concluded, but suffice to say they are brain washed by a person or groups of people that make them feel better because they are the “experts” who just want to help them. And so millions were murdered because a psychopath decided to try to rule the world. And we almost let it happen.



Now I find that the world has many “experts” who want to have a monopoly on the world; through control by money; they are stealing the most important thing we have….our health. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve watched those commercials in the media about medicines that are held in a romantic light of making things all better even though they state the obvious dangers right in the commercial! And yet we go to the doctor and get a prescription, hopeful it will help! We have been led to believe that that is NORMAL to have those side effects; even though there are many other alternatives that work as well or better than them. And the cost of poisoning ourselves is horrific while they, the “experts” get rich off your suffering.

We are paying for people to kill us slowly.


I just have to shake my head and remind myself that I cannot save everyone; and in point of fact I am not SUPPOSED to! People are supposed to care for themselves! People are supposed to make their own conclusions on how to care for themselves!
If we learn about our health; our body….how medicines affect it and how diet and supplements can help; THEN we will have optimum health!


Be careful of anyone (including a person like me!) of telling you what’s good for your body. Don’t just accept that if someone you trust says something you follow what they say.  Be informed and most of all listen to your body and how it reacts to what you put on and in it!
The government is not looking out for your health because they are in the money making business; not the health business. Yes I have a business as well but will never tell you what you have to purchase; I’ll never look you in the eye and scare you with my ideas just to make a sale for my benefit.  I give you information and a place to buy supplements IF YOU WISH. I do not diagnose, treat or cure. YOUR body does! God does! The government and I don’t heal you. That is your job.
If you want to be a “sheep” being led to slaughter that is also your choice. I have no say; nor should I, in this decision. Just make sure that you make an informed one for the best choice for you and for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment