Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Fight for Freedom

In our country right now we have a political hotbed happening. The world seems a dangerous place with angry and worried people seemingly everywhere. This climate all seemed to happen with change. The change of Republican to Democrat. The change of going from an economy that wasn’t great to one that is going straight into the toilet.

As a natural health expert; I’ve seen those changes on an almost daily basis. People are afraid of the future and it translates into a feeling of hopelessness.  This in turn causes untold health issues of stress and other issues.

As an alternative health person; I’ve watched the political atmosphere with some trepidation as this climate of change can cause me grief as well. I’ve been working with my mentor/ teacher for a couple of years trying to do something about it. She has become the head of the steering committee to help our state with a safe harbor bill to allow practitioners such as her and myself to be allowed to help people to better health. We wish to be able to do our work in peace without interference from governmental issues.

Now having said that I wish to address some questions I see forming in some skeptical minds. When I say we wish to have freedom to do our work; I mean we want to be able to work with our clients toward better health without harming anyone. This is a very important distinction from what people might think. We cannot go willy nilly through our life; just throwing out advice that is dangerous or irresponsible. We believe in what traditional medicine used to say about themselves. “First Do No Harm” was a quote most often described to show the physicians role of healer.

This idea of great health for all is one I firmly believe in and in following this path have found a way of life that suits me well. As a person who was  sickly as a child; found myself at the doctors clinic more often than not through my growing years. And as a married woman found myself as a healer again in the form of helper to my asthmatic husband and children. But the traditional approach to asthma and other issues was not working for us at all. In fact I found that the medicine that I was put on actually was making me much much worse. And when my husband was told he had to have back surgery or would be crippled; we looked another way and found it. Several months and trips to a Shiatsu massage therapist later and my husband is driving over 2000 miles a week in a semi. 
So you ask; how does a person get to this healthy way? It takes time; it takes patience and it takes an alternative view of alternative means of health.
When a physician sees an illness he wishes to stop the reaction to it. For instance if you have back pain; such as my husband did; you get a pain killing pill. This belief of stopping the reaction of the body to the ailment is a common belief in traditional medicine. But in an herbalists eye; this is a very dangerous thing! The body is designed to “talk” to the different body parts; to communicate things that may be important to the body as a whole.

So if your back tells you that it’s in pain; we believe that we need to get to the root cause of that pain rather than just stop the nerve response to it. If we stop the pain sensation it doesn’t fix the issue at all does it? It just stops the uncomfortable feeling we have with it. But if we work on the aliment and muscle tenseness and build up the back structure (which we did with my husband) we can have better health without surgery.

Now having said that I note that not all things can be fixed by herbs. If you are in a car accident and your spleen is damaged, or your appendix bursts; then YES you need to have surgery! I don’t ever want anyone to misconstrue what I say about herbs helping all things all the time. But having said that I must also say that if I or another of my family is in the hospital for a health issue I will do my level best to help them heal quickly with herbs and other alternative methods that I can provide.

So today I’m going to think of better ways to help with our cause in the state of Colorado. It looks to be a big year with many issues to work on. Many are issues of people that want what they want in our realm of alternative health instead of thinking of the whole. Many are financial in nature. We have a long row to hoe in this fight for our freedom and the freedom of others to be able to treat their body the way God intended.

If you wish to learn more about our organization you can reach us at this website http://cosunshinehealthfreedom.info/

Although I hesitate to mention this; it’s vital that for all our health benefits; we pass this bill. We are in dire need of monies to provide a bill to the legislature this year. If you wish to donate you may do so by going to the website to find the information on where to send donations or you may reach us at my email address of wenigater_54@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you added the disclaimer about not advocating herbs in favor of ignoring traditional medicine. I don't think it should be an either/or and that one should exclude the other. I think they are two parts that can be used in way that is mutually beneficial to the whole. I've had medical doctors recommend holistic treatments in lieu of medicine often. However, I've noticed a kind of militancy within the holistic community where they think their way is the ONLY way - I'm glad you've found a sensible middle ground.
    Good luck with your mission, it would be nice if people could use their health insurance to explore safe proven alternative options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really would but then they would feel they need to control this realm and that would open up the interpretation of which method would be best and holistic would lose. I understand why most don't use alternative methods but don't understand the bulk of modern medicine not trying harder. I believe it's because of the lawsuit thing. And that's so sad because didn't the motto of medicine used to be "First do no harm" for all physicians? If we could stop unnecessary lawsuits I think it would do a world of good for everyone!

    ReplyDelete